Once you have made an order online or paid a 60% deposit via a custom quote, we will create a shop drawing of your chosen door design according to the measurements or plans you have provided.
Prior to creating the shop drawing we will confirm the specific details for your custom door. This includes:
- Door dimensions, including frame and any sidelight windows if required, this is the total space available for the door frame with the hung door.
- Open way, whether the door is in-swinging or out swinging left/right.
- Door handle selection and finish.
- Door lock selection.
- Hinge style (if hinge door)
- Any other details as required.
The shop drawing is the blueprint for the door construction and will dictate the end product and finished size. Once the drawing is completed we will send it to you to sign and send back for approval to proceed with construction.
It is best to show the shop drawing to your builder or carpenter prior to you signing off, to assure all parties are aware of the details, specifications and they can properly prepare for the installation.
Zen Doors will not be held responsible or liable to provide any refund for incorrect measurements, in-swing/out-swing direction or other details that are signed off at the shop drawing stage.
See example shop drawings below for the various type of entry doors:
Iron Pivot Door
Iron Hinge Door
Steel Hinge Double Door
Steel Hinge Door
Steel Pivot Door
Steel Sliding Door
Steel Barn Door