Refund and Return Policy
Returns and Refunds
Zen Doors will not be liable or held responsible for incorrect information provided by you, your builder or any other party in relation to your order which results in the door being the wrong size when delivered or not fitting correctly due to incorrect sizing. We reserve the right that all payments are final and there will be no refunds given on our part due to incorrect information provided to us. Please make sure the measurements and or plans you provide to us reflect the correct and true dimensions for the door frame/door we need to construct.
Once we receive an order or a deposit, we will produce shop drawings based on the chosen door design and dimensions provided by you. The shop drawings will need to be signed off by you or your builder prior to us proceeding to construct the door. Please review the shop drawings carefully prior to signing off.
As per the ACCC guidelines you can ask for a free repair, replacement or refund, but you are not always entitled to one. For example, the consumer guarantees do not apply if you got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it.
Exceptions to guarantees
Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
- got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it
- misused a product in any way that caused the problem
- knew of or were made aware of the faults before you bought the product
- asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business or were unclear about what you wanted.
If you have a minor problem with one of our entry hinge or pivot doors, we will help you rectify or offer a free repair.
If the problem with the hinge or pivot door is minor, you must accept a free repair.
If we fail to give you a free repair within a reasonable time or cannot fix your problem, you can:
- get it done elsewhere and pass on the costs to the us
- ask for a replacement
- ask for a refund
- recover compensation for the drop in value below the price paid.
When you have a major problem with one of our hinge or pivot doors, you have the right to ask for your choice of a replacement or refund. Any replaced hinge or pivot door will be exactly the same as the one you purchased. Any replaced hinge or pivot door will have a manufacture and delivery time of approximately 8 weeks.
What is a major problem?
A product or good has a major problem when:
- it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- it is significantly different from the sample or description
- it is substantially unfit for its common purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time
- it doesn’t do what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time; or
- it is unsafe.
If your hinge or pivot door does indeed have a major problem, we will be responsible for paying the shipping costs or collecting the product within a reasonable time of being notified of the problem.
If the product is found not to have a problem, you may be required to pay the transport or inspection costs. An estimate of these costs will be provided to you before the product is collected.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 911 558.